Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Do You Love Me?

A few weeks back I was doing my normal "I'm a woman and need to know I am loved." Okay maybe that's a "me" thing and not a "woman" thing. I think most women probably try to pose little underhand questions at their husbands to try to get complimented. Chad doesn't read into questions like that and besides, I don't waste time trying to nudge him into an answer. If I want to know something, by golly I'll ask him.

Chad was sitting on the couch one evening, nice and relaxed. Probably watching "PTI" or something similar. Prime time for me to throw a crazy question at him.

Me: "Do you love me Chad?"

Chad: "Yes."

Me: "Do you love me a lot?"

Chad: "I married you didn't I?"

Me: "Yes. You did. I guess that means you love me a whole lot. So much that you wanted to spend every second, of every minute, of every hour, of every day, of every month, of every year for the REST OF YOUR LIFE with ME."

I swear I saw him break into a cold sweat and struggle to swallow.

With that I sauntered out of the room. Sometimes I just like throwing him off his game.

No comments:

Post a Comment