Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I don't have time to be sleepy

Whew - back blogging after a worldwind few days. The trip to Maryland was absolutely fabulous. The ladies all had a great time at my Aunt Sue's bridal shower. Just as nice - I got to spend lots of quality time with my mom and Molly. It's nice to get away with the girls sometimes.

We got back into town on Sunday, and within hours I was summoned to head to work for a crisis situation. I was at the office until about 1 a.m. that night... and if you know me, you know I do NOT stay up late. Add that to a few nights of sleeping in another bed, plus driving 5+ hours back from Maryland... I was exhausted to begin with. I'm blessed to have such a sweet brother Mike who told me to call him and talk to him on my drive home so I didn't fall asleep behind the wheel.

Yesterday continued to be crazy piled on top of crazy. About 3 p.m., as I'm sitting waiting for a press conference to start, my eyes literally starting closing on me. I had to go walk around the building a couple times to stay alert. That said, I was sure the moment I got home I'd hit the bed. I impressed myself with getting in a work out, bowl of cereal and a TV show before crashing.

The rest of this week promises to be just as crazy. I have our couple's Bible study tonight, my women's Bible study tomorrow, dinner with Chad's coworker and his wife on Thursday, and then a wedding this Saturday. And in between - hopefully doing some house hunting, as we are looking to sell our townhouse and buy a new home!

I'd say I wish there were a few more hours in the day to get things done, but at this point in time - the only thing I'd be doing in the extra hours is sleep.


1 comment: