Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Visit to the dentist

I had a dentist appointment this morning. I'm glad that I don't have a dental phobia like some people - I actually like going to the dentist. It feels good to get deep cleanings every so often.

It helps that I have an awesome dental practice. Dr. Sawhney and her staff are so sweet. When I went for my cleaning a couple months after my wedding, they pounced on me to see pictures right away. I pulled them up on their receptionist's computer, and literally all the hygienists left their patients to come look. They are like little mother hens.

But today was my first semi-awkward dentist experience. I had finished my cleaning and was waiting to get the "all clear" from the dentist. She was in the room directly next to mine (and with no real walls between rooms, I could hear everything they were saying. ) The patient obviously had some teeth issues, and the dentist was talking to her about how she really needed to floss more, take better care of her teeth, etc. They were setting up times for root canals, fillings, etc. Well then the dentist walks into my room, and was like "What a BEAUTIFUL smile you have. Gorgeous teeth." She went onnnn and onnnn. I knew the women in the next room was still there hearing all of it. The dentist then said, "Well I guess I'll take a quick look, but I know you'll have no issues - your teeth are perfect."

Nice to hear, but I'm sure the woman next door was saying the "b" word as she walked out behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment