Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Small Steps

Have you ever thought about being a different type of person than who you are? I think most people would describe me as "preppy." However, I think I have a deep-seeded desire to be some black nail polish wearing, crazy hair-dyed artist/photographer/designer. Instead of marrying a polo shirt wearing, golf playing man, I'd marry one with too tight jeans, skinny ties and a messenger bag. We'd go to concerts of people you've never heard of, visit art shows on the weekend, and refuse to buy any product that wasn't free trade.

Okay, maybe I really don't want all those things. I love Chad
as is, and honestly, I'm not sure I could pull off hair died crazy shades of black and red.

That being said, this post is about Photoshop.

Gotcha! I love starting one place then amazing you by going somewhere completely different.

So I've accepted that I'll never be a cool, artistic photographer. Probably not even close. My brother is a graphic designer and I'm pretty sure he took all the creative genes in the family. *sigh*

However, at the beginning of this year I challenged myself
to learn how to use Photoshop for things other than cropping pictures or changing the resolution (things I must do for my job).

So thanks to the plentiful information you can find online,
I've learned (sort of) how to crop someone or something out of a picture using the "Clone Stamp Tool." One of you smarties reading this might be saying, "Uhhh that's probably the worst way to do it..." but give me a break. I'm already amazing myself with this new power.

Ready to see proof?

Before picture (our wedding kiss with our pastor right in the middle ruining the shot):


After the amazing power of Photoshop:

I better be hearing "ooohs" and "aaahs" across the Web. Okay, I know it's not perfect, but I am proud that I'm learning... little by little. My next goal: figuring out how to intensify the colors of a picture. If you know of any good tutorials, holla!

I'm hoping to convince Chad to get me a Nikon Digital SLR for Christmas so I can continue to amaze you all with my photography+Photoshop skills.

I might never have a messenger bag sitting by the front door, but daggone I will have some awesome photography of my own framed on the walls!


No comments:

Post a Comment