Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dining Room Ceiling

In trying to design this house, my biggest concern is trying to make selections that I will like long-term... not just something that is trendy for the time being.

When we originally met with the builder's agent to make some initial selections (enough that they could price some of the upgrades in the house), Chad and I both agreed that we'd prefer a tray ceiling in t
he dining room, as opposed to coffered ceiling. I think tray ceilings are more traditional, and Chad just personally thought the coffered ceilings makes rooms look smaller - which brought us to that decision. However, after looking at a few Parade of Homes houses this weekend, I'm second-guessing myself. Help me!!!

(Note: All these images I'm using are from homes designed and built by our builder, so that the end-result will be exactly like the ones shown.)

If it helps in your selection, we'll be have pictureframe moulding like this in our foyer and dining room...


...as opposed to beadboard moulding.


So here are your choices:

Coffered ceiling:



Tray ceiling:

Also, for your own interest - my dining room will be painted a nearly identical color to this blue pictured above. (Benjamin Moore's Santorini Blue if you're interested. I have it in our master bedroom and guest bath right now and l-o-v-e it.)

Make your voice heard!

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to looking for a house which have a great dining room, once I saw a beautiful house through costa rica homes for sale
    I think those houses are very wonderful. I am really interested now because they are very wide and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete