Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Home n' Hair

I hope y'all had a great weekend! My baby brother is getting married on Friday so this week is going to be a bit crazy in preparation. I'm super excited though and am praying for good weather... since they'll be getting married outside by a lake.

So a few updates for you:

1. Tomorrow we have our first meeting with our designer to select the exterior features/colors of the house. We drove around the neighborhood this weekend and I think officially decided on colors - a creamy beige with black shutters.

By the way - here are a couple pictures of what our house will look like (same model). I apologize - I
thought I had posted them on my blog earlier, but that does not appear to be the case.

So there you have it - our future home! Also, after checking out our lot this weekend (they've actually tilled the land a bit to prepare for building so that is exciting), it appears that our house will be the opposite of these ... or the "left handed version" as my f-i-l joked. In other words, our garage will be on the left.

Hopefully, after meeting with the designer tomorrow I'll have new polls to put up!

2. An update on the living situation: the only complaint I have thus far about living with Chad's parents is the fact they have well water, which I think is softer than city water. I know soft water is better for lots of things (cleaning, dishes, clothes, etc.) but it is horrible on my hair. My hair has looked flat and unattractive for a week now! I went to Ulta today to ask if they had any shampoo that was better for soft water and then 16 year old behind the counter looked at me like I was crazy. Sigh. It's gotten so bad I'm contemplating taking a shower at my parents house before the rehearsal dinner on Thursday so my hair doesn't look awful.

If anyone has any insight to tips to make soft water like my hair, please share. I'm desperate and can't have 7 more weeks of bad hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment