Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Top Ten Reasons I Don't Participate in Black Friday

Hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving that included: a) a mid-day nap on the couch, b) sweet potato casserole, c) NFL football or d) all of the above.

I know you kids are wondering if I was out there on Black Friday shopping up a storm... cause Lord knows, I do love shopping.

It may - or may not - come as a surprise to you that I do NOT participate in the hysteria otherwise known as "Black Friday." And here's why:



10) Ummm... I like my sleep. I'd rather lose a limb than have to get out of bed before 5 a.m.

9) I'd prefer not be shanked or trampled on by some frantic 40-something housewife trying to buy this year's "Tickle Me Elmo" which I hear is a remote control hamster called a Zhu Zhu.

8) I'd prefer not to shop around people that buy remote control hamsters called Zhu Zhus, in general.

7) I'd prefer not to be trampled by people, in general.

6) I don't "do" large crowds of people... unless it is a concert or football game.

5) I don't hunt through piles and piles of clothing that are in complete disarray to find an outfit. I'd rather spend the extra $20 and find what I'm looking for easily.

4) Marketing people are tricky. Yes they might advertise that Wal-Mart is selling a 60 inch LCD TV for $500... but they may only have one in stock... and refer back to #7.

3) You see, there is this really cool thing called the Internet and it sells everything you can imagine - and then some!

2) More often than not, I can find the same "great deals" you found at 4:45 Friday morning at 2:00 Saturday afternoon. Or any time in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Or right after Christmas.

1) Are there really, really, such great deals for you early risers who dare brave the malls and outlets on Black Friday that you are willing to overlook #s 10-2?

I rest my case.

1 comment:

  1. i would love to invent the next "Zhu Zhu Pet" or Elmo phenomenon before the next Christmas season

    ReplyDelete