Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mondays with Ms. Molly - errr Tuesday edition

Obviously I was too busy venting yesterday to be on time with the MWMM post.

So without further adieu - I present to you:
I hope that you all enjoyed reading about Charlie last week! Since I'm tracked out for the next four weeks, I decided to do another post on one specific child since I'm low on content being away from the kids. So, meet Amanda. Amanda is a spunky, southern, African American little girl who will melt your heart. I'll look over every once in a while and find her laughing to herself (she looks like she's an adult when she does this). She also talks to herself pretty frequently and loves riding the tricycle outside up into every "cove" that has a door so she can admire her beautiful self in the reflection. She is an absolute angel in the classroom...very cooperative, flexible, sweet and takes a long nap every single day :)

Here are a few of her best one-liners:

First week of school in the cafeteria, she turns to see lines of trash and recycling bins and says, "Oh snap! Look at all them blue trash cans!"

In the same moment, she turned to her neighbor and taught her something she had seen on TV. Moving her hands up in down she would say "Say what, say what! F-f-f-f-f-f-fresh!" over and over until the other little girl finally got the hang of it.

Amanda also gives us plenty of stories from the home front. A funny recent one happened one day when we read a book that included a character who snored. We made the snoring noise together and talked about snoring for a few minutes. Then Amanda laughed and said, "My daddy be doin' that when he be drinkin' beer."

And this is one of the best, most recent Amanda one-liners...one day in circle time she announces with a smile: "Me and my brother was jumpin' on the bed and he knocked the bacon right outta my head!"

Until next time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment