Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My house has doors!!


And windows!

It is looking like a real house now! They should finish putting all the hardiplank up this week... and then will probably keep it covered until closer to move-in time, when they'll paint it.

So the outside will be done pretty soon. Right now they are working on plumbing and electrical. Chad and his dad are going to do some speaker wiring in the house on Saturday. I'm glad my husband is handy. And his dad is super-handy. Those two can do most anything!

We were excited to learn that the large storage space off the bonus room runs along the length of the back of the house. Chad + father are planning on finishing it sooner than later which will give us an extra 300 square feet of finished space. Sweet!

So far, this really has been a pretty painless process (crossing my fingers). Our designer and superintendent on the job have been very responsive and are willing to work with us. I'm think drywall will go in before the New Year, and at that time they'll be able to give us a good estimate on when our little house should be completed. I'm hoping sometime in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment