Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday Tunes

I love me some music... especially on deary, cold, rainy days like today! So instead of writing a "real" post, I thought I'd share some of my favorite songs. It can be your music fix for the day.

Ryan Adams "Let it Ride" --- this was a hard one... because most any Ryan Adams song could be considered my favorite. But if I had a gun to my head and had to pick just one, I think it would be "Let it Ride."

White Stripes "Denial T
wist" --- Fell in love with this song the first time I heard it. It just makes me happy. And it has a good beat for running, which makes it a great song for my workout playlist on the iPod.

Blues Traveler "The Mountain Wins Again" --- oh, nostalgia. Reminds me of good
times with good friends in college.

Ray Lamontagne "Hannah" --- I want to name my daughter Hannah just so I can sing this song to her (or, listen to Chad sing this to her.) I love most any Ray song... but this is probably my fave.

Dave Matthews Band "Seek Up" --- I loved DMB in high school (and still today). Don't listen to them as much anymore but every now and then, I love popping an old DMB CD in the car for old times sake.

Death Cab for Cutie "Cath" --- I could listen to this song on repeat for several hours and not get sick of it. Truth: I have.

Bon Iver "For Emma" (acappella) --- love Justin Vernon's voice in the acoustic version. Absolutely beautiful.

Iron & Wine "Faded from the Winter" --- good sleepy-time song. Chad and I play Iron & Wine to fall asleep to.

Ben Harper and the Relentless 7 "Fly One Time" --- love any Ben Harper song. One of my favorite concerts was a Ben Harper concert.

Do you notice a theme in these songs? They are all men. Truth: I really don't like female singers. It's not intentional, but whenever I hear a female on the radio, 9 times out of 10 I'll turn it off. I just don't really like the majority of female singers.

Okay, so I know there are probably songs that later today I'm going to kick myself wondering how I forgot about them. But this is a good grouping. Hope you can rock out your Tuesday!

Oh, and I'll try really hard to post a recipe for those of you who come to this website expecting some food guidance. I've been slacking off on the recipes. Thanks for bearing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment