Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dining Room - Final

Since y'all have been so good patiently waiting, I'm going to start giving you some final house pictures.

But I'll do them a room at a time so you don't get overwhelmed with pictures.

That and I still have some rooms to be completed. Time. I need time.

But I'll start with some pictures of probably my favorite room in the house. I painted this room myself about 5 minutes after we closed on the house. I didn't want to wait.

I love the color.

And don't you love the dining room furniture? It was Chad's grandmothers and Chad and my father-in-law have worked for months trying to spiff it up for us. It was a labor of love on their part, and I'm thankful for it. And I know it means a lot to my father-in-law that we keep it in the family.

I thought about putting window treatments up in this room, but I'm starting to reconsider because 1) I adore how the light streams through the windows. It's so cheerful. 2) I love the molding around the windows and I can't bear to cover it up.

Oh, and I made a pact with myself to always have fresh flowers in the house. So either Chad needs to get on putting in my hydrangea bushes, or else we're going to have a hefty florist bill.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Instead of window treatments have you thought about dark wood blinds or a pelmet box? Both would allow you to still let all of the light in and dress it up a little. And still see the molding. Blinds would obviously let you have more privacy if needed, too.

    ReplyDelete