Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Living room - final

Okay, this room is battling it out with the dining room to be my favorite room in the house.

I love the living room. It's so cozy.

Hey Chad's toolbox sitting in front of the fireplace. Way to ruin a great picture!

And for now, I've convinced Chad to let this room be a formal living room - ie: NO TELEVISION! I love that. We have all our TV nonsense upstairs, and this room is strictly for sitting with guests and chatting. You don't realize how much having a TV on all the time takes away from conversation! I've loved having this bright open room to receive guests.
Now do y'all remember our friend, my little antique find?


Well I'm so glad I didn't mess with it. It looks perfect, as is, just like the majority of you voted.

I need to get some drapes for this room. I was planning on doing plantation shutters, but I can't bare to give up this natural light! This room is so sunny and cheerful - it seems sinful to cover it up. Hopefully I'll get some breezy drapes like this that will provide some depth to the room while still letting the sunshine in!

PS: I'm curious of how observant some of you were to see that I took pictures on two different days. The big differences: Substituted flowers with a coffee table book, we changed out the bigger end table with a lighter colored one, I removed Chad's dang tool box, and some where taken in the morning and some in the evening. If you picked up on all that, I'll give you a cookie.

1 comment:

  1. Your room looks beautiful. It is such a great feeling to finish a room that you are happy with! Good Work! Take care! xo

    ReplyDelete