Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What's on the menu?

Okay, so I wouldn't say I'm in a cooking slump... since I've been cooking every night at home... and Chad even commented the other night:

"You're making some goooood food in this new kitchen."

But I guess you can say I haven't been particularly inspired. I've been in a recipe rut - relying on whatever Chad asks me to make and mom's old recipes (not that I'm hating on mom's recipes... she's the best cook I know.) But I have been wanting some new recipes to jump out at me and scream "COOK ME!"


Luckily, my friend in-and-out-of-the-kitchen Han has come to the rescue - sending me new cooking blog after new cooking blog. I now have a list of new recipes to try... all of which I will probably make next week.

Take a looksie:


Broke and Healthy's Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sauteed Pork Chops and Apple:


Chad hearts pork chops. I heart gnocchi. Done.

Cookin' Canuck's Brie Cheese and Balsamic Caramelized Onion Whole Wheat Flatbread:


Truth: I can eat sauteed caramelized onions as a side dish. And I have. And brought Chad down with me.

Broke and Healthy's Super Good Avocado Soup:


More truth: Avocado is the reason I wake up in the morning. Let's keep that between us.

Laylita's Asparagus Risotto:


I may need to work the man a little bit on this one. I don't think I can pass rice and asparagus off as a meal without him noticing.

Well if these recipes don't get me out of my recipe slump, I don't know what will. I'll report back next week the success of said dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment