Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I think Pioneer Woman reads my blog

... I just blogged about pancetta the other week... and I blogged about being a leek freak (my term first) not too long ago. Then low and behold, today PW put up the recipe Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks.

She wants to be me. Or I want to be her. Whatever.

In either case, it will be made in Casa de Barnhill next week.

I actually made her recipe for Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta o
n Monday night. Since Chad wasn't home to do the grilling in time - mine was more of a pan-seared chicken. But regardless, it was delicious!

Oh yes, and I forgot to tell you kids that we rearranged our living room the other week - much more open than before. The room is still begging for drapes... but I'm waiting until our bank account has recovered from the irrigation system before trying to find an interior designer (Lord knows I don't trust myself to pick my own fabrics), buy fabric and pay someone to make the window treatments. So all in due time. For now, we're just enjoying the bright sunlight!

Ignore the fact that my couch is not on the area rug - details, details. I'm planning on moving the couch up more to make room for a huge antique cupboard --- the ones you see at a flea market so big you wonder how the heck you move 'em... nevertheless get through a door.


Oh well, that's a job for Chad to figure out. A couple of these from Restoration Hardware wouldn't be bad either... but I think the $4k price tag might scare Chad off.

Oh, and one last thing... "hi gorgeous snapdragons!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I was just about to tell you to look at her pancetta and leek recipe! XO Pretty!

    ReplyDelete