Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Quick fix dinner

I've been (once again) getting bored with my g0-to recipes. It's just really hard to find quick, healthy and delicious dinners that I can throw together at the last minute on a week night.

So yesterday, I was sitting with my big brother (at our fantasy football draft --- more later) and asked him for some ideas. He gave me a good one I'm trying out tonight.

He told me to marinate skinless, boneless chicken breasts in olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice and cholula hot sauce (one of our favorites.) I assembled the marinade last night (along with a jalapeno sliced in half) and let it sit. Then this morning, I threw the chicken breasts in before work.

When I get home tonight, I'll pan-sear it (if we had a gas grill instead of a charcoal grill, I would grill it) on the stove. I'll slice it up, and we'll serve it on warmed corn tortillas (two of my brothers were lamenting how they HATE flour tortillas and how corn tortillas are so superior) along with some fresh chopped tomatoes and avocado and an extra squeeze of lime... and, of course, a side of black beans. I forgot to get cilantro (dangit) - so I'll have to do without. I'm sure Chad will add cheese and sour cream to his.

Sounds like a plan to me! I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment