Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sorry for the delay

Sorry for the delay in posting - we've had a busy/stressful couple of weeks at home.

Last week we learned within a day of each other that Chad's aunt and my granddad were diagnosed with cancer. While Chad's aunt is on the mend - with admittedly a long battle ahead of her - my granddad unfortunately passed away two days ago. It was shocking because it came about so soon. We learned of his diagnosis last Tuesday, and by this Monday, he died. I've been blessed with long relationships with all of my grandparents - and some of my great-grandparents - so it was hard for me to lose my first one.

So my blogging has obviously been on the back burner. But I just wanted to blog long enough to remind everyone to give thanks for their families - and to remember that with all the hustle and bustle of work, school, social activities, etc., to never overlook the importance of family.

I'm so thankful for mine.

2 comments:

  1. Love you, Care! Call anytime if you need to chat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caroline - you and your family are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete