Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Beautiful and delicious

I hope you all had a lovely weekend - we certainly did.

Yesterday was our most productive day. Some of our best friends, Hannah and Jack came over so the boys could....


...


...

install our new window treatments! Check 'em out:


I know I blogged about the stripe fabric in the kitchen area, but we ended up changing (for a few reasons) to this classic blue toile.

And I'm in love.

We have a few things we need to do before we get the drapes up (hope
fully later in the week), so you'll just have to wait on those. But here is the roman shade in the same fabric - for our single window in the living room.


And while the boys were hard at work on the drapes, Hannah and I spent a few good hours making 14... yes I wrote that right.. 14 tins of homemade cinnamon rolls. I started on the dough the night before, and thank goodness I did or we would have been there all night. One thing is for
sure: I don't think a space of my kitchen was not left with some combination of flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter on it. All in all, I consider that a success. (UPDATE: SINCE I'VE ALREADY HAD HANDFUL ASK, OF COURSE THEY WERE PIONEER WOMAN'S CINNAMON ROLLS. AND THEY ARE EVERYTHING YOU THINK THEY WOULD BE... AND MORE.)

The end-result: Lawd-have-mercy DELICIOUS.

The boys wouldn't stop harassing us about when the first batch would be done... which we, of course, had to sample. We were planning on giving them as gifts to family and friends, but Chad is already being judicious on who is "worthy enough" to receive them. Luckily our space-limited freezer ensures that we have to give at least half of them away. ;)

So it was a festive day and it was wonderful having a home that smelled like cinnamon rolls all evening.

I hope you all got to do something a little Christmas-y too!

1 comment: