Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

And like a ton o' bricks...

It finally hit me today.

I have been slapped by the exhaustion fairy.

I have been "tired" other days during the pregnancy. Wanting to go to bed early, wish I could take naps, etc. But nothing like this.

I woke up exhausted. I got in the shower, hoping it would wake me up... but still, exhausted.

So exhausted that I had to lay down between getting-ready steps like make-up and blowdrying.

So exhausted that I'm sitting at my desk at 8:30 in the morning, and literally trying everything I can to NOT fall asleep. (Which is completely not like me --- I'm a morning person.)

And I have a phone call to interview a researcher on a story I'm writing. And it is complex. And I just don't know how this is going to work out.

I've never even CONSIDERED leaving work early with sleepiness as an excuse. But if this doesn't improve, there is no way I'll be making it until 5 p.m.

Wow. This is somethin' else.

No comments:

Post a Comment