Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Veggie Chili

Continuing my (thankfully) healthy cravings of fresh veggies and fruit - and recognizing the need to add some more protein in my diet - I decided this weekend to make vegetarian chili.

I started with this:

Red onion, white onion, yellow squash, zucchini, jalepenos, green and red bell pepper. I love cooking with fresh veggies - of bright and assorted colors.

Took about 30 minutes to dice everything up into bite-sized pieces, and threw them in the pot to soften.

Added some canned diced tomatoes, kidney beans and black beans. Along with plenty of chili powder, cayenne and cumin.

And let it cook baby cook for about 5 hours.

But... then I got sick. And didn't get to eat any. But luckily I made such a huge pot that I froze 3/4 of it to enjoy at a later date.

But Chad liked it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment