Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Baby J Update

So sorry for the lack of posts this week. Blogger has been down - and I thought to try logging in from Internet Explorer instead of Firefox and it magically let me in. Hope they fix it soon!


Welllll, we had our follow-up appointment with a perinatal doctor this morning - which included a nice long ultrasound. We got a good 30 minutes to watch our little boy, and it was awesome. He has been moving nonstop lately, and he definitely was jabbing back at the ultrasound tech whenever she pressed down. She even had to told him, "I know you're in there!!!" He just wanted to make himself known.


We got another full anatomy scan, and all his organs are still growing perfectly. He's also still a "he" - because, ya know, I just had to triple check. He looks so much bigger now and I could definitely see his sweet little face much better than last time. He was looking right at the camera just for us!


J is measuring right on point - 26 weeks 6 days (right where I am.) He's a little thing - weighs exactly 2lbs right now and in the 18% percentile... but everything looks great and he's still super active... and if the kicks are any indication, he's nice and strong. The doctor said he's pretty sure I'm going to have a little baby, so I shouldn't have much to worry about with a "big baby" associated with gestational diabetes. But they'll do another check between 32-36 weeks to make sure he's still growing appropriately.


And on the diabetes front, my blood sugar readings were completely normal throughout the week. I get to decrease my finger pricks from 4x a day to 2x... much more manageable. The nutritionist also told me to feel free to be less strict with my diet, since everything looks so good. I was down 0.6lbs since last week, so now I'm only up 7.4lbs so far. The doctor doesn't seem too concerned, but told me they do want me gaining at least 1lb a week from here on out.


My mom is most concerned and is threating to show up on my doorstep with cupcakes if this weight gain doesn't come. But, if you could see my belly, it's definitely not the issue. My stomach has definitely grown - I just think my weight redistributed from other places... and I can't complain about that. ;)


But I'm off work tomorrow for an extra long Memorial Day weekend. We're heading to Pinehurst in the morning for a few days of sun, food, spa appointments and golfing. I can't wait to just relax for a few days!


I promise to be back next week with a good 27 week bump picture!


Hope you all have a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment