Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Eek! Sorry!

I'm sorry I haven't blogged in a few days. It's been really busy on the work- and home-front.

Some quick updates.

1) My "first" mother's day (I can count it right? I do have a baby... it just lives in my stomach for the time being) was very nice.... despite the fact that Chad tried to poison me by bringing me coffee with 2-month old spoiled half-and-half. The fact he felt so bad he looked like he wanted to cry, I decided to let it go and only bring it up about 15 times, as opposed to 115... like I'd normally do. Anyway, since our Sunday school lesson was on "forgiveness" it was perfect example for 2nd and 3rd graders and our kids loved hearing about how Mr. Chad gave Ms. Caroline bad milk that she had to spit out.

Needless to say, I don't think the mister will ever pour a milk product out again without checking the date and smelling it first (helloooo doesn't everyone do that?).

But he made up for the milk gaffe with an a.w.e.s.o.m.e. mother's day gift... this beautiful Quinn glider and ottoman. Our chair and ottoman, which is more of a neutral beige-grey burlap, is set to arrive in 4-6 weeks. I can't wait! I can already envision it with a big cotton blanket hanging on the back of it waiting for many nights of storytime with our little one.

2) And yesterday, I had a check-up appointment which included the glucose challenge test (still awaiting the results.) First of all, while not absolutely undrinkable - that drink is nasty. 10 fl oz of disgustingness. I felt like I drank 15 melted freezer pops (and I don't like freezer pops) at 8:30 in the morning. But I chugged it down as quickly as possible and hopefully won't have to repeat the test!

On a separate note... well, the weight gain finally arrived. After 20 weeks of pregnancy, my +2 lb weight gain is a thing of the past (wah wah wahhhhh), and I managed to put on another +7lbs in the past four weeks. Thankfully though, I'm pretty sure 95% of the weight gain has been in my stomach and not elsewhere. We'll see how long that lasts me. While you feel like having a panic attack to see you've gained 7lbs in 4 weeks, I have to remind myself it is for the sake of the baby's health... and weight gain is a GOOD thing.

I have a brutally honest friend who works in the office next door to mine who promises to tell me the moment she notices I've started waddling instead of walking. So far, so good. But I'll be honest, if I'm ever picking anything up from the floor, I've started giving out an ugly sounding grunt that you honestly cannot control. I never thought I'd see the day where I have to get other people to pick up things I've dropped, but I'm slowly inching in that direction.

All right- time to sign out. Baby J is giving me some good stomach jabs to remind me I need to go chug some water. Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. We love our Best chair!! You'll be spending lots of time in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited about it Sarah. Stephen was at GreenPea with us when we went to look at it and I think he was actually the one that gave Chad the final "You MUST purchase this." Needless to say, he had all the 'shop girls' laughing by loudly exclaiming, "C'mon guys... do you REALLY need to have a baby to buy one of these things."

    ReplyDelete