Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

J's Nursery: Ohhhh the painting!

So this weekend, we set out to paint J's nursery. I had called my father-in-law ahead of time for his assistance - but told him that according to the instructions given on Project Nursery, it didn't appear to be too hard.

HA! Of course, f-i-l knows better than to listen to me when it comes to how difficult things will or will not be. He (logically) figured that since every person's wall is a different size and shape, there is no "one-fits-all" set of instructions. Besides, he wanted the pattern to be perfectly symmetrical on all sides.
{here's the man behind the magic}

So, father-in-law and Chad sat down with pen, paper, tape measure and a calculator to make it happen.
{having an engineer as a f-i-l once again pays off. oh yeah, and i hate math.}

{the taping begins!}

{i wonder if chaddy would have still married me if he knew ahead of time the work involved}

{MPLT's mama here to help with painting!}

{using a chalkline to make sure it's straight}

{paint over the tape... crossing our fingers this worked!}

{RIP lots of tape}

{woke up at 7 a.m. Sunday to tear off the tape to see if it worked. success!}

{daddy assembling j's crib}

{yay! we did it!}

{nursery before}

{nursery after!}

Can I just say that I love, love, looooooooooooooove it? A million thanks to Melisa @ Project Nursery for sharing her great design with the rest of us! What a great start to the nursery and now I get to find little knick knacks to customize this little room to make it ours.

Next step:
1) Finding a glider + ottoman I love (a la this one) without breaking the bank. Not sure if this will be possible, but I'm determined.
2) Finding a white dresser and matching end table.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this! Your hubby & FIL did an amazing job! I just may have to copy this idea one day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh thanks Catherine! When it comes time for you to replicate, I'll give you detailed one-on-one instruction on how to do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete