Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mini Vacays

This will be the first year in a long time that Chad and I won't get at least one full-week beach vacation. I love the beach in the summer time... but saving up extra vacation days for work so that we have more time home with Baby J once he arrives obviously takes precedent.

So we're having to be more creative with some short getaways before baby arrives.


In a couple weeks, we're taking off on a Friday and heading to the National Golf Club in Pinehurst, NC with my parents for a few days of golf (for the boys) and pool/shopping/spa-ing (for me and mom.) We're renting a villa right on the course, and I'm sure it will be beautiful. I told Chad he can golf as much as he wants, but that I'm not leaving Pinehurst until I've 1) spent several good hours getting a little sun by the pool, and 2) gotten a prenatal massage at The Spa at Pinehurst. They have a nice little "stork package" I'm checking out that includes a 50-minute massage, facial and pedicure... and it might need to happen for me.

Then, in early June, we're having a much-less glamorous getaway by heading to Charlotte, NC for a few days. Chad has a work conference to attend, so I'm going to spend my days working from the hotel or a nearby coffee shop and hopefully finding time to grab lunch with a few Charlotte girlfriends while there. Then, at night, we'll at least be able to head to a few nice dinners together and just enjoy being away from the "grind" you experience at home.

A few weeks after that, we're heading back west again to spend a few days on Lake Norman with my sweet sis-in-law, brother, and - of course- baby James. Chad and I always have so much fun with Mike and Molly... so this little road trip will be great bonding time before another baby enters the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment