Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Nursery updates and more

So I kicked off my weekend last Friday by getting together for lunch with one of my sweet girlfriends, Eliza, who was in town from D.C. We had a great time at lunch catching up - and probably spoke a million miles a minute to try to recap everything that was going on in our lives.

{me (@29wks) and eliza }

She also brought the sweetest little gifts for baby J - including a "pee pee teepee" which is exactly what it sounds like, and exactly the type of gift Eliza would crack up over buying.


Man this little boy is spoiled already! I forgot to take a picture of the precious Kissy Kissy outfit my love Laura bought for him last week. How lucky was I to be able to lunch with THREE college girlfriends within five days. What a great week!

The weekend continued by knocking some things off the nursery checklist. Our Quinn chair and glider arrived and has already become my new favorite seat in the house!

The sage toile minky blanket hanging on the back is this little love:


... and it has a story behind it! A couple years ago, in the midst of our trying to conceive, I was surrounded by friends getting pregnant. So I was having to constantly shop for baby shower gifts for friends, despite a pain in my heart and a barren womb. Well I found this gorgeous blanket on Etsy and fell in love. I marked it as one of my favorites and would go back and look at it from time to time. I wondered if I should buy it for a friend, because I refused to by anything for my future baby because I was terrified we'd never get pregnant.

But this blanket just had a hold on me. I finally sucked it up and bought it - telling myself if I became convinced purchasing something for our non-existent baby would jinx me, I'd give it to a friend. So I've had it sitting in the back of a closet for almost two years! I'm SO glad I bought and kept it because it's a gentle reminder of a tender stage of our lives. I can't wait to wrap baby up in all its softness!

Chad also finished painting Baby J's new dresser, and hung two of the new pictures! We have the third one done, but haven't been able to put it up yet. I swear Chad and I can never finish a project without some unforeseen (minor) complication that delays it. I know it's God's way of teaching me patience. I'm definitely a "get it done" girl - so it drives me up a wall to have a project half-finished.

We (and by we, I mean Chad) still need to prime and paint the end table to go next to the chair, but after that's finished... we're really pretty much done with the nursery --- minus a few knick knacks!

But the room is really coming along and I couldn't be more pleased. It's such a sweet, calming room and I wish the pictures could do it justice. Everyone who has seen it in person said they love it so much more than they even did online. It's just hard to translate to pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment